Monday, June 13, 2005

Last Will of Frederick Blanchard

Frederick Blanchard-- Last Will and Testament Alamance County, North Carolina Will Book 1-Page 79, 80, 81 In the name of God Amen, I Frederick Blanchard of the County of Alamance and State of North Carolina, being of sound mind and memory, but considering the uncertainty of life do make and declare this my last will and testament in manner and form as following that is to say: First, my will and desire is that my executors pay my funeral expenses together with all my just debts. 2nd 1 bequeath to my beloved wife Nelly, who is my third wife all that tract of land whereon I now live together with the Perkins tract containing three hundred & fourty acres, for her to have and to hold to her use during her natural life, one bed and furniture, her choice, one horse, one saddle, one bridle, and ten dollars in hard money if there is that much about the house at my death, and one Negro girl by the name of Tempy, my desire is my wife Nelly have the Negro girl Tempy during her natural life, or if my wife marry again the Negro girl Tempy shall be disposed of as hereinafter named, my will is my beloved wife Nelly have two hundred and sixty two dollars in cash, to be paid to her two years after my death, which money is to be raised out of my estate 3rd 1 will and bequeath to my oldest daughter Peggy Eason, who was the wife of Jacob Trolinger, five dollars in cash, together with two hundred and fifty seven dollars, which I had given her at sundry times. 4th I will and bequeath to my second daughter Rachel Fonville, who is now the widow of William Fonville, one hundred & twenty seven dollars in cash, to be paid to her two years after my death, together with one hundred and thirty seven dollars I let her have at sundry times, which her equal, with my daughter Peggy 5th 1 will and bequeath to my third daughter Polly Trolinger, who is the wife of Henry Trolinger, one hundred and fifty seven dollars, to be paid to her as above stated, together with one hundred and five dollars I paid to her at sundry times, which amount makes her equal with her other two sisters 6th I will and bequeath to fourth daughter Patsey Gant, who married one William Gant, ninety seven dollars in cash to be paid to herself if she is not living at my death, my will is the money be paid to her children two years after my death together with one hundred and sixty five dollars I let her have at sundry times, which amount makes her equal her other three sisters above named 7th 1 will and bequeath to my fifth daughter Julia Benson, who is the wife of Beafort Benson, one hundred & sixty two dollars in cash, to be paid to her two years after my death together with one hundred dollars I let her have at sundry times, which amount makes her equal with her other four sisters. The negro woman & child she have which belong to me I shall otherwise dispose of 8th 1 will and bequeath to my sixth daughter Meticia Hurdle the wife of Obediah Hurdle one hundred & sixty two dollars in cash to be paid to her two years after my death together with one hundred dollars I let her have at sundry times, which amt will make her equal with her other five sisters, the negro woman has or had belong to me I shall otherwise dispose of 9th 1 will & bequeath to the children of my Son James Blanchard, who is now deceased & who left three children ten dollars in cash each to be paid them two years after my death 10th 1 will & bequeath to my Son [sic] William & Frederick, who is children of my third wife the land I own on Deep Creek adjoining the land of Jesse Gant & others to be divided between them equally both in no of acres as well as in value which land shall be divided & valued by three good men chosen by my executors as soon as practicable after my death and said lands rented out for the benefit of my two Sons William & Fredrick until they become twenty one years of age. And it is my will that my son William have two hundred & sixty two dollars in cash and it is my will that my Son Fredrick have the like amount of two hundred & sixty two dollars in cash to be paid to them two years after my death 11th I will & bequeath to my daughter Betsy Jane who is the second child by my third wife two hundred & sixty two dollars to be paid to her two years after my death 12th 1 will & bequeath to my daughter Nancy Ellen the fourth child of my third wife two hundred & sixty two dollars in cash to be paid over as above stated 13th 1 will & bequeath to my daughter Phebe Catherine the fifth child by my third wife two hundred & sixty two dollars in cash to be paid over two years after my death 14th I will & bequeath to my daughter Martitia who is the sixth child by my third wife two hundred & sixty two dollars in cash to be paid over two years after my death 15th I will & bequeath to my daughter Sarah Susan who is the seventh child by my third wife two hundred & sixty two dollars in cash to be over two years after my death 16th My will & desire is my Executors whoever they may be for I will not appoint none shall sell after giving due notice all my negros that I own at the time of my death together with all my Stock of Horses, Sheep, Cattle, with all my crops of Corn & Wheat & all my household property with every species of property that I may own at the time of my death that I have not willed, one negro girl Tempy & the tract of land I have left my wife during her natural life at the death of my wife be sold and be divided between all my daughters I had by my first & third wife My will and desire is after exposing all my property to sale and pay each child with my wife the several sums as above named And if there be any left after paying my just debts that it be equally divided between my wife & children all to share & share alike, 17th I will & bequeath to Elizabeth Jane who is now the wife of Mr. Rippy, and is supposed to be one of the Blanchard family ten dollars in cash to be paid over to her as I have stated two years after my death - Lastly, I shall not appoint my Executor to this my last will & Testament but leave it with the wisdom of the Court whereof I have hereunto set my hand & seal this 26th day of Nov 1851 Fredrick Blanchard Signed in the presence of us John Scott Calvin Scott In the name of God amen I Fredrick Blanchard being of sound & perfect mind & memory blessed be God, I do this 29th day of August one thousand eight hundred & fifty three make & publish this a codicil to my last will & Testament. First I given & bequeath unto beloved wife my new buggy & Harness to her & her heirs for ever In witness whereof the said Fredrick Blanchard have to this codicil to my last will & testament set my hand and seal the day & year above written. Signed sealed published & delivered by the said Fredrick Blanchard as a codicil to his last will & Testament in the presence of us who were present at the time of signing & sealing thereof. Frederick Blanchard G Hurdle Thos E Griffis Transcribed by Dr William Mark Faucette (2nd Cousin of Latham Mark Phelps)

No comments: